A practical guide to the latest trends and newest creative options in variable pay. Variable pay systems are widely used as alternatives to traditional compensation programs. Now a recognized expert offers a timely examination of variable pay basics, the latest trends, and creative options. Readers will discover how to:
• gain a competitive advantage through variable pay plans
• create or redesign a system to meet an organization’s particular needs
• evaluate traditional plans versus the three types of variable pay plans
• organize and prepare a launch team
• implement a complete 19-step process
The guide’s practical slant is enhanced by numerous formulas, examples, and graphs that demonstrate how variable pay can yield impressive gains in productivity.